Tuesday, July 31, 2012

God Works In Weird Ways...

So after finally building up the energy and ambition to go out and find another part time job... I head out yesterday, but my car decides to get stuck downtown next to a meter, unable to start. The steering wheel completely locked up and would not budge in order for the key to start up Connie. I tried everything I could- jiggled the steering wheel for about ten minutes and then changed gears and put it back into park. Then I called out across the road to two guys sitting in a wrecky, old, work truck with a logo that read something about a foam insalation company on the side. I figured, hey, these hardworking, nice looking guys may know something about cars. So, as friendly and hospitable men of the south- they smiled and said, 'sure!' and headed over toward me. They repeated many of the same things I had tried for another ten minutes, and then tried other things like rocking my car back and forth and going under the hood. One of the guys even burned his hand reaching down deep into my engine. I felt terrible. After their efforts failed, I offered to buy them lunch, but they said it was okay. Then they asked if I needed a ride anywhere. Since I couldn't get ahold of Mari at the time, I said yes and hopped in their old work truck apologizing all the way to Mari's office. I talked to them a little about my story of moving to Chatt. and they apologized about not having air conditioning. I said that it was okay and I was used to it.
~
So after a couple of frustrating conversations with my dad about the car, (seeing as he can't do much about it, because he's there and I'm here) we finally decided that towing would probably be the best option. But just in case something completely magical happened, Mari and I stopped by Connie one last time on the way to the mechanic to see if I could start her up. Nope. Nothing. So we drove on to the mechanic and told him about the situation. It just so happens that the woman working behind the desk had a question for Mari about how to get her daughter involved in Young Life, and there was also a guy there who talked to me about Covenant College. He said, "Have you ever considered Covenant?" and I said, "Yeah, I've considered it..." and he pretty much called the administrators and asked them if there were even any openings for the fall and if they had scholarship money left. They have both. So he gave me some numbers to call and told me that it wouldn't hurt to visit.
~
Okay, I have no idea what God is trying to tell me through this whole expirience. Honestly, I think that I have it all figured out at times, until God says, "Nope... it's gonna happen my way..." I have been wanting to visit colleges so bad, but just haven't made the time to... I was too concerned about getting a second job and eventually getting my own place to live. But then this happens. I run into a guy super gung-ho about Covenant College! I just don't know how to explain how I feel right now. Exhausted for one. Gross and smelly after breaking into a sweat in my car. But most of all, just questioning, confused... what is God trying to tell me through all this? I pray that He reveals it to me. But right now I sit back and observe how God works in weird ways.
~
So today I call the administration office at Covenant College... wish me luck and keep praying for me as I figure out my next move down here in Tennessee.

No comments:

Post a Comment