Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Art of Conversation

~
[Above is a collage of yesterday's goodness... The Camp House Schedule, two great passages I picked up at 'Planet Altered', The Thrift store card,  Jean's card, and my awesome bill! If you can, read the two little passages below... they are amazing.]
~
So yesterday, my car was already ready to be picked up. :] And I was relieved when the bill was only $71. Praise God. This great mechanic didn't even charge me anything to look over Connie... I only got charged for the towing! So after I picked up Connie, I headed over to my favorite coffeehouse. After that I decided that it was just going to be one of those relaxing afternoons where I walk around and discover some other great places on main. So I went to an antique store, some little giftshops, and also The Mission. The Mission is an Anglican church in Chatt. that also has a coffee shop and thrift store. I have heard so much about how great The Mission is... I just had to stop in and see it. I talked to the lady working in the thriftstore for a while and she told me a little bit about the church and what they're all about. I really want to go to a service sometime and experience it for myself. After The Mission, I went to a place called 'Planet Altered' which is an art gallery/fair trades shop. The owner was super friendly and told me that each week she offers a different art-form/craft for between $2-4. This week her project was jewelry making. So I decided, what the heck... and made the great bracelet you see below. Basically the point was to go through magazines and cut out images that created a theme and glue them onto this metal bracelet and then glue a flat-back gem over top to magnify the image. I decided to write out the word love and go for a black and red type theme. It was so much fun and so relaxing to just do something artsy and talk to this great lady. I don't know what it is, but sometimes it's easier for me to talk to older ladies as opposed to women my own age... maybe it's because they are so wise, or maybe it's because I miss talking to my mom in person. Anyway, I told Jean (the owner) about my visit to Covenant on Thursday and told her about my life. After my bracelet dried, we ended up talking for a good half-hour about life in general, experiences, controversial topics, christianity, beliefs, and values. It was so much fun... she was full of wisdom. :] God has blessed me with some amazing people to have some amazing conversations with. He knows fully what I need. Jean wants me to stop back in after my visit to Covenant and tell her all about it. Isn't it great that a simple stop at a place can lead to great conversations with someone and a great new friend!?
~

No comments:

Post a Comment