Friday, August 17, 2012

Sunset

~
I never knew that sitting atop Lookout Mountain on Saturday night, watching the sunset would have represented such a great symbol in my life. Here I was, saying goodbye to this place that I love. I was watching the sunset for the last time, closing in on this wonderful chapter of my life. I watched the sun sneak behind the mountain, taking in the last few warm rays of Tennessee, and leaning in close to the man who loves me enough to travel a couple hundred miles to see me and take me home.
~
~
I have never felt so many emotions in one week. One second I am going out for supper with my small group down in Chatt. at Taco Mamacita, joking around and having a great time, next I'm picking Justin up from the shuttle station with every inch of my body shaking with nervousness. Then I'm taking him all over the city showing him everything and having an amazing time. Sunday after a compelling last sermon by Pastor Smith, we head out. It was quite the ride home. We got lost in almost every major city and I am almost convinced we took the scenic route through Indiana. It was such a learning experience. We had a blast. As I go through my first week back in Michigan, it has been a hard one. It has been full of emotions. It has been hard to adjust. So much goes through my mind. It is a challenge to apply the things that I've learned in Chattanooga here, because they are such different places. I pray that God convicts me here like he has in Tennessee. I pray that God gives me passion for Grand Rapids as much as he has given me a passion for Chattanooga. I pray that I can follow Him despite the challenges I face here and the questions of where my future is going. He has a plan and I have to trust. His ways are so much greater, so much more knowledgeable, and full of love.
~
God, please may I not be like the seeds planted on the rocky soil, letting trouble and persecution allow me to fall away. And Lord, may I also not be like the seeds planted among the thorns, letting the worries, deceitfulness, and desires of this life choke out the word. Lord may I be the seeds planted on the good soil- producing your fruit.
This I pray Lord, that I may be yours.
~
~

No comments:

Post a Comment